- 1 garlic head, whole
- 3 teapoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonaded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided use
- 12 slices baguette, 1/2-inch thick
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the top 1/3 off of the garlic head, exposing cloves. Place on foil; drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the head of garlic and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper. Wrap with foil. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour or until tender. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, combine tomato, basil, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl; set aside.
4. Squeeze garlic out of skins. Mix garlic, cream cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a small bowl; set aside
5. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; spread garlic cream cheese mixture over one side of each slice; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with tomato mixture and remaining cheese.
*Recipe adapted from Sargento Bruchetta recipe
Bruschetta and Roasted Garlic